Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,757 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

Alright

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Roseville, MI (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can take whatever days off you want as long as you find someone to cover for you.
Yes-You-Can lets you not have to talk to management every time you have to make a decision and once you get use to it, makes your job A LOT easier
Yearly raise

ConsRarely room for advancement.
Late hours
Work every weekend unless you request them off 2 weeks in advance
.50 (sometimes a whole dollar) for every credit solicited which there is a goal you need to meet and they will review you once a year. But they NEVER take into consideration your customer care ability.
Never get recognized for the work you do unless you are close with the managers

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employee's more recognition. Pay more attention to your employees. That "Super Star" of the month may not mean anything to you but it can make a difference to your employees.

Great team environment but Executives are worked like dogs

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Kohl's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The store has a great team environment, one big family. … Cons: Store hours are not condusive to a healthy work-life balance. Often times executives are expected to close late (11 p.m. or later) and turn… Advice to Senior Management: Take more interest the how happy your team really is. Offer to handle the front lines more often so the team can focus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to shop, not so much to work

POS Associate (Former Employee)
Madison, WI (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time for less than a year

Pros: The 15% employee discount is nice, especially since you can use it in conjunction with other offers. There was never a problem getting time… Cons: Kohl's is extremely focused on getting credit and emails. I never had a problem getting credits but, for the most part, it really was… Advice to Senior Management: Actually focus on customer service. The entire transaction felt like I was trying to sell something to people who, in most cases, were already… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.