Kohler

www.kohler.com
  www.kohler.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohler

I got great hands on experience and ownership of my responsibilities.

Former Employee - Test and Instrumentation Co-op in Kohler, WI (US)
Former Employee - Test and Instrumentation Co-op in Kohler, WI (US)

I worked at Kohler as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had many hands on projects that served to further my understanding of working in industry and my knowledge of electrical engineering. My mentor was very helpful but not too controlling. He allowed me to work and make mistakes on my own and learn from them, and offered his assistance and advice when I asked or was struggling.

Cons

The downside to my position at Kohler Engines was that there was not much design experience. It was mostly troubleshooting fixing other people's mistakes.

Be more involved in the co-op's programs and projects.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Kohler (View Most Recent)

Electrical coop

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Coop in Kohler, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Coop in Kohler, WI (US)

I worked at Kohler as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

In automotive applications, "boost" refers to the amount by which intake manifold pressure exceeds atmospheric pressure. This is representative of the extra air pressure that is achieved over what would be achieved without the forced induction. The level of boost may be shown on a pressure gauge, usually in bar, psi or possibly kPa

Cons

In aircraft engines, turbocharging is commonly used to maintain manifold pressure as altitude increases (i.e. to compensate for lower-density air at higher altitudes)

The engine management system continually chooses among three combustion modes: ultra lean burn, stoichiometric, and full power output.

Lead you on then shut you down

I have been working at Kohler

Pros

interdepartmental work, the people you work with are great to be around and work with, free golf for employees of the golf courses and discounted rates for non course employees.

Good summer opportunity for those in school or looking for seasonal employment with no desire to advance.

Cons

Management, Management, Management!!!!!! All upper management and even some lower level management is only there for themselves. They may lead you on and say that you are a valued employee but any chance they get they will tare you down. Management will take all credit for positive events and make excuses and dish out all the negatives. In my case, and for many others, I was more educated and qualified for management positions and that is why they will cut you down every chance they get.

They wouldn't listen if I would want to give it to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohler