There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Its good, just not enough pay.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX (US)
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX (US)

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working at the Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas because it is a friendly work environment, and my co-workers are very friendly.

Cons

The down side to working at Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas is that they are not very flexible and the pay is not very good.

pay raise

1614 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

An ok job to have while in college or high school

Former Employee - Cashier/Bagger in Elizabethtown, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier/Bagger in Elizabethtown, KY (US)

I worked at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great co-wokers, union benefits, raise every 6 months, job is protected by the union, so it's fairly difficult to get fired.

Cons

Poor management, crazy work hours, working holidays, union conflicts between managers and employees. There's a lot of favoritism toward certain employees, especially the ones who were relatives or friends of the managers. Due to the union it's almost impossible to get fired, so if they no longer wanted you, they will just cut your hours down to one 4 hour day a week until you just quit. Another downfall to the union was that a lot of employees were extremely lazy as a result because they knew they wouldn't lose their job for doing absolutely nothing, so that would mean the good workers would have to work twice as hard.

Stop with the favoritism and start rewarding the employees who really deserve it.

So far I enjoy it

Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Smyrna, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Smyrna, GA (US)

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the company as a whole is a great place to work. It seems with the new interview process a lot more good associates are found with outstanding personalities and the drive to actually go the extra mile for the customers.

Cons

I have noticed double standards on night shift. When there are rules in place, certain individuals feel they are above them and they will do just the opposite.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger