LCG Systems

www.lcgsystems.com

Good, and getting better

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD (US)

ProsLCG suffered some peculiar and arguably unethical management problems years ago but those problems have been resolved, the problem personnel have been dismissed and the climate has improved towards a focus on doing good work for our customers.

Business development has demonstrated an increasingly strong capability of landing contracts and keeping the company fiscally healthy. economic woes were turned around in record time in an impressive display of financial mitigation.

LCG appears to promote from within almost exclusively. This opportunity for advancement is one of its greatest strengths and undersold by management. Fortunately, the policy seems to be working fine as far as avoiding the "Peter Principle" as well.

ConsAs a small company, LCG is not in a position to provide a large number of fancy perks.

I do have concerns LCG may suffer if we get an economic recovery and quality personnel get poached.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of compensation packages in the event of an economic recovery. Severe brain drain is a true threat to the continued success of the company.

Don't give up on the corporate event planning. The gestures were welcome despite sparse participation. HR should not feel demoralized when some events aren't as popular as hoped. This is an early stage. Perhaps monthly is too ambitious. Quarterly and closer to work locations and starting times right after work might help participation rates.

Small firm in growth mode

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockville, MD (US)

I have been working at LCG Systems

Pros: The people. Most are really smart and really good at… Cons: Some of the bureaucracy can get annoying... Advice to Senior Management: Sr. Mgmt needs to get some insight on how to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

LCG Systems- HQ and client site review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rockville, MD (US)

I worked at LCG Systems

Pros: Nice people, office, and if you are at the HQ bldg- you get free fruit, drinks,… Cons: Corporate culture hard to break into the clique. Lack of dedicated, qualified tester for their in-house software development efforts lead me to believe that the… Advice to Senior Management: Deliver some of your HQ perks to workers forced to be at client sites, often a fruit basket and some free soft drinks and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LCG Systems.

Worked for LCG Systems? Contribute to the Community!