LSE

Career-track Lecturer/Assistant Professor

Lecturer (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at LSE full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLocation in London; high quality students to teach; flexibility in working hours; some control over work agenda; name recognition internationally; opportunity to influence public opinion; opportunity to meet opinion-leaders from around the world.

ConsSalaries too low for cost of living in London; Tenure does not bring with it the same benefits it does in the US; autonomy as an instructor low compared with US; central management overly-directive at times.

great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LSE

Pros: great place for postdoc research Cons: not very well paid relative to london costs More

It is awesome.

I have been working at LSE as an intern for less than a year

Pros: There is high quality education provided to each and every student in… Cons: There is a lot of workload at LSE and technological use is maximal over… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LSE.

Worked for LSE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LSE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LSE CEO Judith Rees. All reviews posted anonymously by LSE employees.