There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Company that lives by it's credo

Current Employee - Training Manager in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Training Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to move up, tremendous benefits and sense of pride in the work we do, doors open to everyone, very well compensated for our work and did I mention the benefits?

the first time I walked into our headquarters in Boston, I cried. It was incredible. All my adult business skills have been nurtured at Liberty.

We had our serve with Liberty campaign this year and annually employees donate millions to charities with a 50% company match.

Liberty is an excellent company.

Cons

Can think of many cons other than we are sometimes slow to move with progress in terms of having people work from remote locations. Not every wonderful job should be housed in Boston.

Think about remote work a bit more. And never go public.

1133 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

No development at all

Current Employee - Underwriter in Marietta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Marietta, GA (US)

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If anything, the people were nice and easy commute

Cons

Time, workload, salary, benefits...pretty much everything

Terrible Terrible Terrible

Former Employee - Claim Adjuster, Field in Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Claim Adjuster, Field in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am actually trying to think of some pros of this job. Co workers were somewhat supportive; flexibility; comprehensive intranet training on site. Strong IT Dept.

Cons

I love my career choice but this was the worst job I've ever had by far. I feel pretty confident that others experiences might be different as the "team" I worked with was unprofessional; unavailable; petty; sarcastic and arrogant. It really drives home the fact that experienced and knowledgeable employees will run to pastures less green when the supervisors gossip about other co-workers; do not return phone calls; measure productivity in accurately. I was turned off by snide comments made in the interview process and I should have never accepted a position with these people. If an employer cannot control his/her mouth when interviewing... Leave.

No amount of advice could help the people I worked with!

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance