Life Technologies

www.thermofisher.com

Challenging, rewarding work in a company making a real difference in the world

Operations (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsOnline learning modules and lots of training, mentoring program, opportunities to cross-train, management and HR pretty good (I've seen a lot worse). Good local leaders (Austin).

ConsToo much focus on short term goals/quarterly numbers. Sub-cultures within Life Tech (i.e. Ion) are very different and cause high level of stress and frustration. Too much bureaucracy and people to go through for approvals of basic tasks. IT support is terrible - 3 plus weeks to get a laptop.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrive decision-making further down in the company, do better job of planning and executing to longer-term strategy. Improve IT support and new hire experience.

Great friendly nice people! Ideal working environment

Intern (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Life Technologies as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Located in Carlsbad, San Diego, Beautiful weather. Intelligent people to work for… Cons: Some of the help desk Support is out source and majority are contractors. The company average is size; many sites… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is OK but it could be a lot better

I have been working at Life Technologies

Pros: Cutting edge work. Benefits to real world disease treatment are… Cons: Work/Life is pretty bad. Culture of secrecy in the "manager/supervisor… Advice to Senior Management: Multiple re-orgs do very little. More empowerment to the shop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Life Technologies.

Worked for Life Technologies? Contribute to the Community!