Local Great Coupons
www.localgreatcoupons.com Loveland, OH 16 to 50 Employees

Dishonest, Shady, and Terrible

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Loveland, OH (US)

I worked at Local Great Coupons full-time for less than a year

ProsIf I could give this 0 stars I would. Most of the people are ok, albeit pretty shady. They're smooth-talkers and seem genuine at first but you soon realize they're just doing whatever they have to in order to make them money. Which is fine because it IS a business but everything is done in a very underhanded way.

ConsOh let me count the ways.
-Pretending they will"work" with you to help you succeed but really that just means walking around, listening to what you say on the phone. They act like you should do something other than what you are doing on the phone but yet when they're plugged in with you they don't actually help you through the call or offer any real practical advice.
-The PAY!! Supposedly it's 40,000 yr plus commission. This is a lie. If you aren't performing up to their standards, even when you're brand new, they will either fire you right before you receive your first paycheck (6 weeks in) OR they'll say they want to "continue to work with you" and will move your pay down to $8 something an hour right before your first pay check (retroactively, of course). Even when some of the weeks you performed above or to their standards. They don't pay you the full amount for the weeks you DID live up to their standards. Then a week later they will fire you anyway and another 2 months later you will receive a check for -SURPRISE- minimum wage. I definitely did NOT see that coming.
-There's the 8-5 shift. But really you have to be at your desk and ready to go by the morning meeting which is at 7:55ish. And if you leave every day at 5, it is extremely frowned upon.
-The way people are walked out of the room and you never see them again. People are fired all around you all the time and you work with the axe hanging over your neck every day. I worked there for about 7 weeks total and there were probably over 30 people hired during that time, 28 of which were fired during that time.
-Although they are very specific about not lying to your potential customers, you toe the line really close and it's all very shady and salesy.
-They want you to "fight" for your sales and have a conversation and make small talk but somehow you still need to make a very large number of calls a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe you should just hire some persuasive robots.

Worst Professional Experience I've Had

Sales (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Local Great Coupons full-time for less than a year

Pros: The building has a gym in it. Cons: No Direct Deposit Expectations of being there early and late without being paid. Getting Paid....especially your final check....they DO NOT PAY YOU Ask how Deals that… Advice to Senior Management: You just do not get it. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rewarding & Fair

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Loveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Local Great Coupons full-time for more than a year

Pros: • Competitive Base Pay • The Company rewards its employees for effort and results • The Company promotes from within • The… Cons: If you can’t sell and/ or try, just like any… Advice to Senior Management: Keep Listening to your employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Local Great Coupons.

Worked for Local Great Coupons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Local Great Coupons reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Local Great Coupons CEO Scott Bailey. All reviews posted anonymously by Local Great Coupons employees.