There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Stable work with good pay

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Stable, opportunities for growth and development

Cons

Slow lifecycles, overbearing process control

Listen to the young people in the workplace

2431 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Great Place to start and come back to!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Great benefits, great opportunities and industry! The people in most places are nice and almost all are dedicated to what we do as a company. Many are former military, which has its ups and downs. There are cliques and politics but I have yet to see an organization that doesn't have those. There are some very cool things to see and be a part of help and a real sense that you are helping in the fight against terror and helping the nation. Depending on what you do there are also a lot of areas and projects you can get involved with.

Cons

Politics and its modeled after the federal government so there is a lot of red tape! I am suprised we don't have to fill out a form to use the bathroom! Benefits are good now, but seems they may be taking a turn for the worse in the next few years. The company is so big that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, so that often causes rework and confusion in all areas of the business. Things move very slowly in most cases...its sad how long it takes to do a task that should take 10 minutes.

Realize that middle managment filters everything and even though they say things are great be able to look past that!!

Lockheed Martin needs a more youthful workforce and strategy

Former Employee - Electronics Engineer Senior in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Electronics Engineer Senior in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I work in space systems. The projects and technology are great, There are great opportunities to work in very interesting research. You will work with very skilled engineers and scientist.

Cons

slow career development, slow salary growth = 3%. In addition it is very hard to try to work on different divisions. If you want a fast pace environment this is not the place for you. There is a ton of paper work and procedures that slows down you work. Some of it is unnecessary but you still have to do it. Doing business development is very slow and cumbersome with all the regulations.

Allow employees to get more responsibilities and get the work environment of the company more youthful.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin