Louis Berger
www.louisberger.com Morristown, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Zero stars

Civil Engineer (Current Employee)
Northeast, NY (US)

I have been working at Louis Berger full-time

ProsThe best thing I can say about Berger is that they kept me employed through some lean years when a lot of engineers are out of work.

ConsWhere do I begin?... It's real easy to blast an employer so let me list some specifics. This is a company that cares very little about their employees. They work their people very hard--frequently without compensation for overtime. The turnover ratio is crazy and clients notice these things. Berger believes they can beat the competition by having the lowest overhead rate. 100% utilization is expected. If not, layoffs are on the way ("right sizing" in company lingo). Almost every project goes over budget forcing employees to work on their own time. They preach the importance of doing quality work but don't budget enough to do it.

Health insurance coverage is poor and premiums expensive. Recently Berger has stopped matching 401(k)s with cash and replaced it with company stock instead. No choice. Human Resources is awful. The company does not like to spend money on equipment or employee training--very cheap.

From reading the other reviews here I can see that my office is not any different from the others. There are much better places to work--even in this economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management says all the right things but it's hard to trust Berger execs. The company badly needs to change from the top down. Hire some top execs from your competitors and implement their recommendations.

Challenging and enriching.

Contracts Specialist (Current Employee)
Davao (Philippines)

I have been working at Louis Berger as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: It offers a lot of experience and exposure to real… Cons: It gives low salary increase. This usually affects the behavior… Advice to Senior Management: Motivate the employees by giving sufficient salary increase and more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company's Ego is too big and unforgiving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Morristown, NJ (US)

I worked at Louis Berger full-time

Pros: Great people - some extremely hard working and talented. Cons: Very political environmental, and too charged. Long hours, high expectations, and grueling work, often dealing with people who are abusive and out of touch.… Advice to Senior Management: Seriously need to take a step back and see what isn't working. Your turnover rate is ridiculous, and a serious waste of your time… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Louis Berger.

Worked for Louis Berger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Louis Berger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Louis Berger CEO Larry D. Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Louis Berger employees.