Lowe's

www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

confusing

Current Employee - Cashier/Peak in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Cashier/Peak in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lowe's as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

great people to work with.

Cons

no support at times on the floor

train new employee's better

4860 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

The worst company I have ever worked for management wise anyways

Current Employee - Cashier in Columbus, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Columbus, IN (US)

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. This store can be a good place to work if you're willing to put up with the poor management.

Cons

Management is shifty and a complete failure at best. The pay is awful and you will receive nothing extra for at least a year or more if you're lucky enough to get something then. The store wants you to give them everything you have but wishes to give you nothing back in return. There are some good employees at the store but unfortunately the management is so awful that most of them are forced out of the store because they're so burnt out from dealing with the poor management.

Management needs to be completely restructured. Corporate needs to wake up and take notice.

Depends on Position

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some pretty good benefits and vacation time. If you are up for a fast pased retail experience then this would be a good place to start. If you are focused there is room for growth. Overall it is not a horrible place to work.

Cons

There are always new policies and changes being made. Typically the changes are difficult for managment staff to pass to their employees. There does not seam to be a central focus on what the overall goal is for the company. It is more of a what have you done for me latly and what can we focus on today. They have also recently made cuts to employees pay, commission and bonus programs.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's