Lowe's

www.lowes.com
  www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Excellent place to work. Great future.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lowe's has a strong future ahead.

Cons

None that I have experienced .

4587 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

lowes

Current Employee - Lumber in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Lumber in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good injury and plan pays well.

Cons

low employee discount but better lan home depot

keep up the good work

It was better when we were a Home Improvement Warehouse ~ not Sears with a lumber yard.

Current Employee - CSA IV (Former Department Manager) in Neosho, MO (US)
    Current Employee - CSA IV (Former Department Manager) in Neosho, MO (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, cheap stocks, 401k, safe environment to work within, localized cook outs or meal catered for special recognition's .... but that's it.

Cons

High School environment with all the drama and back stabbing you find on kids tv. Upper management has their own agenda and won't promote people they aren't tight with. No upward mobility. Company is economically stagnant with a very poor business model and leadership from the top ~ trying to reinvent the wheel. Very little monetary incentive to prove your worth to the company now that spiffs are gone. Very poor morale. Over priced merchandise for what it is, coming from China. Gosh ~ I could go on and on .....

Remember its the little guy breaking their backs every day to make the company successful. True leadership doesn't come with a title, and people should receive equal opportunities to advance. Look at your pay structure ~ How wealthy do the top exec's need to be? How many over paid directors do you really need? If there isn't any room to advance, pay the lower ranks better so they can provide for their family's and offer stock bonuses to them too, just as you would to the upper ranks. Bring in more reasonably priced and higher quality merchandise. Provide real-time field training for merchandise we're selling. Stop bringing in people to fill management positions that worked for companies with a poor growth record or that went into bankruptcy ~ they mostly have no benefit for the growth of the company .... promote from within. And above all ~ read all of these reviews posted by unhappy employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's