M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Disappointed in our mission taking a back seat

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpportunity to work with the best minds in finding a cure for cancer. Many dedicated employees who still concentrate on quality patient care are keeping the place afloat. Patients are wonderful, hopeful, giving and worthwhile.

ConsToo many chiefs who are more into $, power and prestige than patients or a cure for cancer -unless it can make them more money. Conflict of Interest questions are embarassing to those of us who just want to concentrate on what we are supposed to be all about. Seems to just keep moving further downhill in the CARING and INTEGRITY department.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat at the top. Hire only upppers who CARE, have INTEGRITY and really do value TEAMWORK. Front lines do thier best, despite some really dumb decisions by uppers that cause employee hardships while we just keep trying to do our jobs, keep our jobs, and provide our best to patients. But we are losing some great people, our 'best asset."

Good place to do cancer research

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

Pros: Good environment to work in research. Opportunity to collaborate with… Cons: No interaction with other staff out of your field. Limited opportunity for growing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I enjoy working for the company

Research Coordinator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are great opportunities and support for career advancement depending on the area that you are in. The… Cons: This hospital houses a lot of highly skilled and highly educated professionals, so it can be difficult to obtain optimal job. So many apply… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to support employee development and work/life balance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.