M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Good place for starters and getting some experience

Behavioral Science Research Coordinator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTuition reimbursement; insurance; parking; healthy food options

Consmanagement; micromanaging; want you to work 45 hrs without flex time; for a promotion you can only get a 15% increase at max of your current salary (which usually puts you at the minimum range of the new position). Staff is underpaid and management is overpaid; bonuses and rewards always go to upper management, rarely is it given to staff. High turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff also has a family to go to on the evenings. There is apparently something wrong when the turnover rate is high in the departments.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

An okay place to work

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for less than a year

Pros: Well maintained facilities, cheap parking Cons: Strict regulations, slow response time by support personnel, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

awesome

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center part-time for less than a year

Pros: will get lots of experience in cancer Cons: i didnt find any cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.