M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Great place to work - But only for internal referrals - Outsiders don't even bother to apply for a job

Research Fellow (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

ProsGood reputation as being ranked number one in USA
Lots of specialties
Good hospital for cancer treatment
New technologies
Sponsor H1B visas

ConsVery poor management. Predominantly hispanic community. They spend a lot of money on buildings and useless meetings and conferences but don't even pay a little for coffee. Clinical side gets all the attention, research people are being exploited. Very low payscale for PhD candidates and post doctoral fellows. On-campus housing is shared with UT-Houston and there is a very long waiting list. Employees need to pay for parking.

Advice to Senior ManagementMatch the payscale for research jobs to national standards and compensate for annual inflation rates and rising market prices. Affordable on-campus housing is needed. Free parking for employees and trainees. Open all jobs to outside competition and be fair with the selection criteria. How will you achieve diversity if you do not recruit outside talents.

M. D. Anderson's mission is one you can be proud to be a part of.

Manager, Systems Analyst Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

Pros: Growth opportunities are there if you are willing to reach… Cons: M. D. Anderson is a large and diverse environment, sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: Overall I think you do a good job dealing with our economy. If I could fix any one thing it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

an odd beast

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center

Pros: MDACC has great benefits, many interesting things going on, good… Cons: the bureucracy can be overwhelming. Since it's an arm of UT, it's a state agency; since it's a state agency, it's a huge bureaucracy. There… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management needs to recognize that middle management needs more opportunities to make real changes. This… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.