problem with management.....TOO BAD!!

Current Employee - Customer Representative I  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Representative I in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good vacation time based on tenure, but 6 months in you get 2 weeks.

Cons

Where do i start....

1)They're cheap- I started out making about $11. Now I make $13 Not for a job well done, but because we merged with another bank who paid better.(they had to even out the salaries across the footprint) This has happened twice since 'Ive been there. The last time a raise was given in our office was a laughable quarter of a percent; which turned out to be about penny. There is always a reason your not getting a raise! So sad

2)Management- If you have a problem with your manager, you can call human resources. But they wont show, instead you have a meeting with your boss and a higher up who basically suggests that you either deal with it or find another job(Also happened twice)

3)Only concerned with their bottom line. Not concerned enough with employee morale. It affects the environment and the quality of the work

Bottom Line- You CAN do better!

Care a little more about who you put in charge of your people. Unhappy employees make for an unhappy bottom line

Other Reviews for M&T Bank

So far so good

Current Employee - Sales Development Program  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Development Program in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training programs for qualified individuals. Company is very stable and is always looking to grow through acquisitions.

Cons

Very conservative culture. Do not have the best systems in place for employees or customers. Other banks are years ahead in offering more technology to customers and employees. Base salaries are lower than competitors.

Update systems to make work more efficient and better for both customers and employees. Look at reducing costs through improved efficiencies and pass the savings on the employees or competitors will continue to steal the best talent.

Better than nothing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comfortable surroundings and job security

Cons

Micro managing, a lot of sales for not much money, unrealistic goals, long hours, bad sales culture

Stop trying to motivate by fear

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank.

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!