M&T Bank

www.mtb.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

problem with management.....TOO BAD!!

Current Employee - Customer Representative I in Philadelphia, PA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Representative I in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good vacation time based on tenure, but 6 months in you get 2 weeks.

Cons

Where do i start....

1)They're cheap- I started out making about $11. Now I make $13 Not for a job well done, but because we merged with another bank who paid better.(they had to even out the salaries across the footprint) This has happened twice since 'Ive been there. The last time a raise was given in our office was a laughable quarter of a percent; which turned out to be about penny. There is always a reason your not getting a raise! So sad

2)Management- If you have a problem with your manager, you can call human resources. But they wont show, instead you have a meeting with your boss and a higher up who basically suggests that you either deal with it or find another job(Also happened twice)

3)Only concerned with their bottom line. Not concerned enough with employee morale. It affects the environment and the quality of the work

Bottom Line- You CAN do better!

Care a little more about who you put in charge of your people. Unhappy employees make for an unhappy bottom line

324 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

So far so good

Current Employee - Sales Development Program in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Development Program in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good training programs for qualified individuals. Company is very stable and is always looking to grow through acquisitions.

Cons

Very conservative culture. Do not have the best systems in place for employees or customers. Other banks are years ahead in offering more technology to customers and employees. Base salaries are lower than competitors.

Update systems to make work more efficient and better for both customers and employees. Look at reducing costs through improved efficiencies and pass the savings on the employees or competitors will continue to steal the best talent.

As far as banks are concerned, nice place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at M&T Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Large company but you still feel like a person, direct line to communicate with your "superior's superiors", open communication welcomed, fair work hours for a retail bank...

Cons

...but it's still a retail bank! Always chasing numbers, some middle managers need to go (archaic management styles), not so easy to change departments if you're dissatisfied with your current role.

Be the first retail bank to focus on employees, service and follow through...and see what happens. The world deserves a bank that treats all who contact it fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank