There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center

Excellent opportunity and research environment.

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team work and jovial environment.Everyone is helpful and the team with which I worked was very helpful and guided me to become an effective researcher.

Cons

Sometimes the work pressure was too much ,some of the team members were disorganized which made the work towards the deadline too hectic.

326 Other Employee Reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center (View Most Recent)

Disappointed in our mission taking a back seat

Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with the best minds in finding a cure for cancer. Many dedicated employees who still concentrate on quality patient care are keeping the place afloat. Patients are wonderful, hopeful, giving and worthwhile.

Cons

Too many chiefs who are more into $, power and prestige than patients or a cure for cancer -unless it can make them more money. Conflict of Interest questions are embarassing to those of us who just want to concentrate on what we are supposed to be all about. Seems to just keep moving further downhill in the CARING and INTEGRITY department.

Cut the fat at the top. Hire only upppers who CARE, have INTEGRITY and really do value TEAMWORK. Front lines do thier best, despite some really dumb decisions by uppers that cause employee hardships while we just keep trying to do our jobs, keep our jobs, and provide our best to patients. But we are losing some great people, our 'best asset."

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement and a nice gym on campus to work out in. MD Anderson also has a great mentoring program for developing your professional goals and making connections with employees in other departments.

Cons

The starting salary is relatively low for some positions. Also, MD Anderson is highly bureaucratic so it takes a long for something to be approved.

There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center