MD Anderson

www.mdanderson.org

Disappointed in our mission taking a back seat

Program Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsOpportunity to work with the best minds in finding a cure for cancer. Many dedicated employees who still concentrate on quality patient care are keeping the place afloat. Patients are wonderful, hopeful, giving and worthwhile.

ConsToo many chiefs who are more into $, power and prestige than patients or a cure for cancer -unless it can make them more money. Conflict of Interest questions are embarassing to those of us who just want to concentrate on what we are supposed to be all about. Seems to just keep moving further downhill in the CARING and INTEGRITY department.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat at the top. Hire only upppers who CARE, have INTEGRITY and really do value TEAMWORK. Front lines do thier best, despite some really dumb decisions by uppers that cause employee hardships while we just keep trying to do our jobs, keep our jobs, and provide our best to patients. But we are losing some great people, our 'best asset."

Great place to work!

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I worked at MD Anderson full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement and a nice gym on campus to work out in. MD Anderson also… Cons: The starting salary is relatively low for some positions. Also, MD Anderson… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

World class research institute

Instructor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at MD Anderson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent reputation in cancer research, very good environment and resources… Cons: While the external funding is hard to get, there are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MD Anderson.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!