MITRE
www.mitre.org McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

MITRE is a good place to work

Infosec Engineer/Scientist (Current Employee)
Bedford, MA (US)

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than a year

ProsMITRE has good benefits, good people, interesting work, and a good environment. They are very good about work and life balance.

ConsThere are not too many downsides about working at MITRE. The biggest is probably that projects, especially in today's economy, can sometimes go away unexpectedly. There are also times (but not always) where there seem to be too many managers on projects per non-manager.

Good work, management by radom pick

I have been working at MITRE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good work can be had. Independent, in-depth, technical with a fusion of other factors.… Cons: Hands down the biggest con is the management. Management seems to be picked from a small subset of bright-smile people - who haven't demonstrated… Advice to Senior Management: The new "MITRE Way" is a return to the former discredited matrix management style. A massive breakdown… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Process

I have been working at MITRE

Pros: Got to interview with a great team of knowledgeable staff,… Cons: Not a fast-moving company, compared to the hiring process I'm… More

There are newer reviews on MITRE.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MITRE CEO Alfred Grasso. All reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees.