Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Great part time job/ hours are crazy

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Got along great with my co workers, first dibs on markdowns..great sales.

Cons

they would totally butcher your hours on a moments notice. You could become homeless if its your only job..

Get a skilled recovery team in the stores and pay them a little more money.

5145 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Movin' on up!

Current Employee - SSA in Roseville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - SSA in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Macy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are a good employee, then you will go far with the company (and with the company's help).

Cons

The joy of the holidays only happens when they're over.

Please always try to fill your hours, even over fill them, because there will always be call outs. If the business is just not there for your hours filled, then we can always send people home early (and there are always takers).

Unhappy and Unsatisfaction: Guaranteed!

Former Employee - Macys Sales Associate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Macys Sales Associate in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with in a fast paced environment during the sales and holiday season.
    You meet some great people and ... then some not so great people

Cons

They don't train anyone enough in this place, not associates, not managers and not even their support assocciates. They have all kinds of loopholes to keep things under wrap so that managers keep their jobs and this makes it all the more difficult to work here. Their HR dept is corrupt and inneffective, a lot of their managers are needed to go back into training--as sales associates!
    There were unresolved issues and managers were innappropriate a lot, yet they always kept their jobs and positions. They expect too much of other specific associates and only acknowledged the associates that kissed up to the managers. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy, this company is a joke and a disappointment. Not enough back up, the managers make associates look incompetent and stupid in front of customers. Over the years, their integrity and mission have truly taken a turn for the worse. Every dept was always understaffed at closing and yet they expected so much more than was possible. I cannot stress it enough, if you are looking to work retail; GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! this job is a nightmare and you get so much older the longer you are there. I feel bad for anyone working there because of how hostile the environment is.
    Macy's, i will never ever go back to you!
     This job is not worth the time, effort or the stress you put into it.

Pay more attention to the training programs and how effective they really are. Have a more "do-able" goal for credit cards as well as sales and realize that "score cards" are only a way for people to sit at the register ringing up transactions and doing nothing else; if this is the way you want to keep in business then hire the "recovery" team you used to have on the west coast with the same number of members ALL YEAR LONG!!!! Listen to the Surveys you have your employees fill out every year to keep them happy. Hang onto every word on those completed surveys. I give you Kudos on hiring an oustanding corporate team to pay the visits; they pay attention to detail and are compassionate with the understaffed departments. All i ask is that you change around the rules a bit and make this a more suitable and appropriate environment. You train us to follow rules yet you have managers bend them to meet customer's needs, so why not bend the rules for associates alike?

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's