Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,582 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

They wouldn't give me any hours because I did not work on Black Friday

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

ProsEasy to get hired, fun environment if you like working with people. Very flexible shifts make it easy to work here as a part time second job type of situation. Training was good, and management was friendly, at least at the North Park Mall location where I worked.

ConsVery little support during your first shifts on the sales floor during the Christmas shopping season. Several times, I had issues that I did not yet know how to handle, and when I would look around for a senior associate to ask questions of, there was often no one to be found. Also, seniors took over the sales that I initiated! By that, I mean, I was showing an expensive watch to a gentleman, and as he was handing it to me to make the purchase, suddenly the lady I was working with, who was a full time employee, decided to "help me", meaning that she rang up the sale under her employee number and got the credit for it. I was told that I'd be in Watches, but if the regular employees wanted to do watches, they would send me to scarves or purses or some area that would not likely have many purchases for Christmas.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more assistance to new hires during their first 20 hours as a sales associate. If you assign an associate to a particular area, make sure that the seasoned employees don't get to over-ride your decision!

Counter manager

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great company to work for Cons: Low salary for cosmetic department Advice to Senior Management: Great management team Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Entreprenerial culture of a startup + biggest names in retail

Analyst (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Shopper's dream! Friendly culture and management. Cons: No bonus, benefits mirror retails employees. Advice to Senior Management: Make benefits package more competitive. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.