Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Working at Macy's

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Daly City, CA (US)
Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Daly City, CA (US)

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Fun, energetic, room to grow, flexible scheduling, benefits if full-time, employee discount is 20% and sometimes 30%, get first crack at shopping.

Cons

Always changing sales and coupons and ways of doing things (which can be good sometimes) so it is tough to keep up with everything and when a customer is asking you a question you might have to hunt down the answer.

They are okay, some are great and some take themselves WAY too seriously. They are a little robotic sometimes always pushing the same credit and sales goals.

5145 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Construction Manager that managed construction projects

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Good Pay
    Relaxing environment
    Great benefits
    Nice commute with flexible work hours
    Was paid for overtime (due to special arrangement)

Cons

Old Management Staff
    Needs more training for new employees
    Lots of office politics - one supervisor did not like another supervisor

More training needs to be provided
    Management staff could be a little bit more competent
    A lot of "dinosaur" managers

Worst job Ever!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

The location is close, so it's an easy drive.
    20% Employee discount (which, by the way, you cannot get unless you use your Macy's card with an interest rate of at least 23%....so pay it off right away or the interest will overpower your discount!!)

Cons

Training- they train you to use the register, but that's all. i work in jewlery, and would love to be able to answer, with confidence, "yes that watch is water proof" etc... but there was no product training. Seems silly, they want us to sell, sell their products, but offer the sales team no product knowledge traning.
    Credit Apps & Sales Goals-I am hounded about this every day....multiple times a day from multiple managers, and it really makes for a poor working environment. I am not going to harass customers to open these cards, and especially not before disclosing the interest rate...i am going to keep my morals. The sales goals are impossible to meet most days, but you must or you can face disiplinary action, or get fired from not opening credit app's, which are Not easy to get....most customers already have them, the rest don't want them
    Pay- it sucks 7.25p/h...that says it all....part-timers like me get no benefits

-inform your supervisors that harassment and belittling staff is not a motivational tool known to work well....it just breeds resentment

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's