Magellan Health
www.magellanhealth.com Avon, CT 5000+ Employees

Early years great, bankruptcy and restructure resulted in management mess

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for more than 5 years

ProsManagement in the first few years was great; balanced workload, pleasant team members, satisfactory salary, work-life balance great. Never expected to work extra hours without notice - usually a month's notice before large projects were due.

ConsAfter bankruptcy in 2003, slew of middle management laid off and I was ricocheted around from group to group with no clear direction in my career path or expectations for my position.

Nothing negative to say..

Organization Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Maryland Heights, MO (US)

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I truly enjoyed working for Magellan overall it is a… Cons: Only Con I can think of is that tha raises… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst Company to Work for-- Just say no

MFLC (Current Employee)
Carolina, NC (US)

I have been working at Magellan Health as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: This company has nothing that is good about it. They lie to their employees, they cut your… Cons: They cut your pay for no reason, they give you no paid time off, you can never get a raise, you have no vacation, no… Advice to Senior Management: Try thinking about someone other than yourself. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Magellan Health.

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magellan Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Magellan Health CEO Barry Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Magellan Health employees.