Worker bee

Current Employee - Maker Maker  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
Current Employee - Maker Maker in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time

Pros

health insurance for everyone, interesting company, free lunch on friday, innovative

Cons

little loyalty to employees, contracts of employment are very restrictive, lunch is usually pretty lame, never any drinks either. impulsive management, little transparency to staff, low pay

be nice to your employees

Other Reviews for Makerbot

Amazingly positive experience. Far and away the best job I've had in my 20+ year career.

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible professional growth opportunities. Employees are allowed to take on as much responsibility as they can handle and are recognized for their accomplishments. Congenial, collaborative work environment that values diversity. A definite sense of shared purpose.

Cons

Typical growing pains associated with extremely rapid growth: integration of hordes of new hires, development and dissemination of formal processes, maintaining a culture that still has the close-knit feel of a start-up, but has the infrastructure of a more mature firm, etc. etc.

Keep going!

An exciting and rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Marketing/Sales  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing/Sales in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

Pros

MakerBot is an amazing place to learn, contribute and help define a new industry and technology. I have already learned a ton and this place has helped me to take the next step in my career. It is exciting to be a part of a company that is growing very quickly and expanding internationally.

People are empowered to lead and take ownership, and managers trust their teams to drive the strategy and execute on the plan. The environment is fast paced, which keeps things interesting, and highly collaborative. The culture is very team oriented, which was a pleasant surprise when I got here, and the Marketing team in particular is a cohesive and strategic unit. It's great to be surrounded by smart people.

Having been agency-side for most of my career, the opportunity to now own the strategy and implement our vision has been inspiring and empowering. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

Cons

With extreme growth like MakerBot is currently experiencing, there are growing pains as the company continues to transition from a startup to a mature company. And now that MakerBot is owned by Stratasys, there is incredible pressure to drive revenue and accelerate our growth. It's a good challenge to have and the right way to focus growth, but it sometimes influences decisions too heavily and could have long term challenges in order to produce near term results.

Keep hiring great people and take care of them! There has definitely been an influx of talent that is exciting, and it is making a difference in how we are moving forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!