Management Sciences for Health
www.msh.org Cambridge, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Mid-level and junior staff not given a chance to do technical work

Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMSH's DC office is in a good location, ability to work with field staff has been a good experience, I've learned a lot from senior staff (but haven't been allowed to practice it).

ConsMany of the administrative/program coordinator level staff wind up leaving after 1 year since there is no movement up unless you have a masters, ditto for Progam Officers/Associates. Often much of the "technical" work is only done by the older staff who have been at MSH for 10-15 years. There isn't a desire across the centers/projects to train junior staff, and this causes many of us to want to leave.

The work is intense but knowing that I am making an impact makes it worthwhile.

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health

Pros: MSH is truly diverse! It is stimulating to work on an everyday basis with the brightest and most educated professionals from different cultures across… Cons: Top leadership is not attuned to communicating on a regular, systematic and written basis about all the good changes going on. The quarterly… Advice to Senior Management: There is lots of good change and improvements being made. Communicate about them! Determine… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The mission is great, and means well. However, in practice, it's the worst organization at implementing.

I have been working at Management Sciences for Health

Pros: Fair amount of vacation days. However, this includes days that are floating holidays… Cons: For an organization that preaches leadership and development, they sure do a terrible job of it. Senior managers that many do not respect are permitted… Advice to Senior Management: people do not always approve of senior management at the director to C-level but are afraid toi truthfully express their concerns. Open your eyes to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Management Sciences for Health.

Worked for Management Sciences for Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Management Sciences for Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Management Sciences for Health CEO Jonathan Quick. All reviews posted anonymously by Management Sciences for Health employees.