Mannkind's posted values do not reflect the actions taken by the company.

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Valencia, CA (US)
Current Employee - Research Associate in Valencia, CA (US)

I have been working at MannKind

Pros

flexible working schedule only due to the existing reporting structure. There is some amazing science with some very strong intellectual properties.

Cons

No work life balance, and very little respect for the scientific individuals. The mentality is very "big pharma" despite the lack of resources, and lack of personnel.

There is currently no incentive for individuals, and for many there is no viable professional development despite the amazing talent and potential in many.

Other Reviews for MannKind

MannKind Corporation in Valencia, California

Former Employee - Scientist  in  Valencia, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Scientist in Valencia, CA (US)

I worked at MannKind

Pros

relationships with fellow co-workers at Mannkind

Cons

upper management sometimes don't make the best decisions

Sometimes business takes precidence over the quality of science

Great People, Great Product. Great Future?

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MannKind full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at MannKind provided an opportunity to collaborate on projects at a high level with some of the most talented and dedicated people I have ever met. The relationships among coworkers were unusually strong and supportive. Taking initiative was encouraged, recognized and rewarded. Compensation and benefits were better than most start-up companies. The flexible work hours significantly increased my productivity. The Company's lead product (AFREZZA) and its underlying technology (Technosphere) have enormous medical value and market potential.

Cons

Company-wide communications provided important information and a sense of transparency. We believed that our ideas and recommendations were genuinely valued and taken into serious consideration. However, it seemed as though crucial decisions were made within an executive "bubble" which severely impacted operations and lead to substantial layoffs of highly valuable employees.

If it is not too late, try to return to the core principles which made the company a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for MannKind.

Worked for MannKind? Contribute to the Community!