Mapjects

www.mapjects.com

Consultant, Business Analyst

Economic and Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsOverall, I had meaningful and interesting problems to solve, good clients, impact on the world, and surrounded by brilliant & caring people. I was never stressed and truly enjoyed the work, we finished our work a couple months early, and I was able to provide feedback into another project.

Another distinctive and unique pro - they have their own tools, when I say that, I mean they've BUILT THEIR OWN tools, and I love the Mapjects tools!!!!

I spend a lot of time on requirements, economic and data analysis, this is easily they best toolset, I feel a little sad about leaving them and my laptop behind. I understand its their IP, but they should consider polishing it and marketing the tools. The tools can help visualize trends in some very unique ways, I was able to look for fraud, or patterns on transactions and relationships, and it was beautiful.

ConsThey would do better if they patented some of their ideas, got them talking though.

These guys drink tea, I missed coffee, but the tea was milky, they called it chai... I did enjoy it, and cheaper than Starbucks, but mapjects still needs to get a coffee pot.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a veteran with some connections in sales, someone who can break the ice. Regardless of how good your products and services are, relationships matter.

Invest in an industry veteran with a commission structure, you will see better results.

Great place to work, very flexible and focused.

Consultant - Operations Research (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Mapjects

Pros: A very innovative company, Mapjects actually brings ideas to life, and that too exceptionally fast. They took me and my work seriously, in… Cons: They should do more social events, and get out there so people know about them. I… Advice to Senior Management: Good luck and get out more :) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The best experience I've ever had.

Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Mapjects

Pros: I got to work on what I liked, and came out polished and confident with a sense of pride, so I loved every day of… Cons: Very little hands on management, i.e. the philosophy was you're adults and motivated through work. While this is a great thing, I felt some of… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in marketing. Polish your products - they are amazing, let the world know!! Invest in management layer. The owners don't believe in VC,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mapjects.

Worked for Mapjects? Contribute to the Community!