MarketSource

www.marketsource.com

For the type of job, it was ok.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

Great pay. Most of the time you can make your own hours too.

Cons

Terrible logistical means. Bosses have no idea where they are sending employees, so it makes it rough when they dont pay gas.

Please, because of the nature of this job, income is erratic. When you tell someone that they will be working, get them a job. Too many times I was scrapping by on pennies because I was told I would have work, and didn't.

Other reviews for MarketSource

Good only, if you want a part time side (GIG)

Current Employee - T Mobile Representative  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Current Employee - T Mobile Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)

Pros

You can move up if you have the right connects in the corporate office or do some brown nosing.

Cons

The mangers are puppets and wont no anything about the programming their managing if you think your gonna make money of commission nope marketsource has full control of the program and will micromanage every sale

It's an okay job... sort of

Current Employee - Area Sales Representative  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in Seattle, WA (US)

Pros

The ability to set your own work schedule... Sort of.
    Good hourly compensation... Sort of.
    Generally, the job is very easy if you are able to maintain a rapport with the people in your stores and have sales capability.

Cons

Management is a mixed-bag, some good and some terrible. There appears to be no open door policy in this company whatsoever.
    Even though you might be told that you set your own schedule and are able to decline certain "events" management gets highly irritated when you actually try to deline an event.
    A previous territory manager was working to help me and a few other of his better employees find better positions within the company. Unfortunately, he found a better position elsewhere, and the managers we have had since have not been of his quality. There are almost no advancement opportunities.

The hourly pay rate is quite good for the meager hours that you do get. My hours vary anywhere from 0 - 20 per week with some special event weeks taking it close to 30. Also, there is no compensation for travel time, mileage, or any other work related expenses like all the different things that the manager tells you to print to take to the stores. There is a new requirement to have access to a smart phone for which there is no form of compensation whatsoever. All of their excuses about the smart phone feel like the company is either lying to the employees or they spent no time at all considering their own logic, which is completely flawed and laced with half-truths.

What does all this mean? You will probably spend half of your income or more on expenses such as gas and a smart phone plan.
    I am considered a senior, high-quality employee and I have won several monthly and quarterly awards and, even though it is traditional in this position, I have yet to receive a pay raise.
    I can't afford to pay for this job much longer.

Quit being unapproachable and out of touch. Pay more attention to the recommendations from the field. Start caring about your employees before you don't have any employees left. Remember, just because you make a solid paycheck doesn't mean your employees do.

There are newer employer reviews for MarketSource.

Worked for MarketSource? Contribute to the Community!