There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

All about Marsh

Current Employee - Client Advisor  in  Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Client Advisor in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Marsh

Pros

Great access to data/industry expertise and resources. Marsh has a capability that is beyond compare in these areas.

Cons

Marsh has developed minimum standards for servicing placements. Some of these requirements are excellent and obviously needed. However, as far as servicing to the individual client, it often gets in the way of what might be in the best interest of the client by burdening the team with administrative work which hinders servicing needs.

Marsh's practice of promoting from within is commendable. However, great insurance brokers do not make great managers. Often they are placed within the position without being prepared for the human relation requirements that are needed for the position. I would like to see training provided to these managers so they are prepared with the tools for the job. Invest in the human capital and they will take care of you.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Marsh (View Most Recent)

Ability to see the big picture, knowledge, management and expertise

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Sydney
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sydney

I have been working at Marsh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Life Balance, Management, Expertise (best in industry), Specialized Teams, Great outside opinion among peers

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. They represent everything I have sought for in a company.

No respect

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Sydney
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Marsh full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

N O T H I N G

Cons

CIO, Program Manager, IT operation lead, team leaders (except idiots) all resigned.

One day, 7 people were called into a meeting room and terminated by being given 10 mins to pack things and asked to leave the premises.

They think people are numbers and figures to be disposed/recycled by replacing with the cheap off-shore. Their aim is not to build the foundation by integrating people, but make the quarterly number look good by sacking people and cutting expenses. There are in the game of cost cutting by sacrificing people. They will see the result in 3 years.

Hopeless.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

Worked for Marsh? Contribute to the Community!