McGraw Hill Financial

www.mhfi.com
  www.mhfi.com
There are newer employer reviews for McGraw Hill Financial

At a crossroads

Former Employee - Senior Editor in Boston, MA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Editor in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros

Ample opportunity for leadership and advancement, good salary and benefits packages, decent communication within individual business units. I was treated very well by my immeidate supervisors and there is genuine culture of rewards and recognition in place. The corporation is very well-run, very professional.

Cons

There is a potential disconnect between sement-level daily priorities and corporate plans/desires. The education segment felt, at times, like something of a black box -- it was not clear that corporate understoon exactly how we were being run on a day to day basis, and that manifested in some lack of follow-through. The segment talks a very good game regardign the future, but the needed activities didn't always take place at the ground level.

Spend more time planning future revenue streams/alternative businesses; spend more time building concensus within the segment.

214 Other Employee Reviews for McGraw Hill Financial (View Most Recent)

McGraw-Hill is a robotic, contradicting, unjustified company

Current Employee - Reporter in Hightstown, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Reporter in Hightstown, NJ (US)

I have been working at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros

The benefits are well laid out and you recieve good compensation

Cons

no diversity, all male white male run - it's like working for a 1960's republican convention

Stop being so stuck up and firm and take the time to honestly consider your employees as human beings, not robots

McGraw-Hill good place to work with great benefits

Current Employee - Assessment Editor II in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Assessment Editor II in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros

The benefits package is really great, and once in the job security is decent. They also really do have alot offer in their work-life program.

Cons

The in-house communication is really lacking sometimes, but they know it and are trying to work on it.
    The companies move to out-source some aspects of our work does not seem to be a good idea to me. The problems it brings up more than out-weighs whatever cost saving there are.
    My only other real complaint is their never-ending use and lack of appreciation for Kelly employees.

Hire the Kelly employess who have shown their worth. It is unfair to them to keep them as temporary employees for years at a time. They can be hired as project status, and it would probably actually cost the company less.

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw Hill Financial