Family owned... people care about you

Current Employee - I/S Intern  in  Collegedale, TN (US)
Current Employee - I/S Intern in Collegedale, TN (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Its a smaller place so its pretty friendly. Working in I/S is pretty chill for the most part. A lot of the full time employees are older and some are set in their ways, others are not (technologywise). There are quite a few interns that bring youth to the company. Decent pay for interns. Free little debbies all day.

Cons

Too many free little debbies. You'll get fat.
They don't have many open positions for developers. Most people stay forever at McKee making it hard for new positions to open up.

Other Reviews for McKee Foods

Ok place to work but need alot of work far as communication between management!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stuarts Draft, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros

time off, profit sharing bonus, good benefits

Cons

Management needs a major overhaul, and major cuts. Why on earth do we need so many supertindents! Too good to lay anybody off instead will just cut everybodys hours back while the big wigs still get a full paycheck. Just ain't right!!!!!!!!!!!

Work more on getting better equipment into the plants, and focus on cutting down on waste and lean more towards going green to save on costs! not cut back worker hours and keep making price increases to product. This is hurting are volume of cases!!!!

Used To Be A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Stuarts Draft, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Stuarts Draft, VA (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros

They have a gym and dental and health (which they've decided we should pay more for so they don't have to)

Cons

I have to constantly tell them about broken or items that are in disrepair, those items get put on "pass down". Which sounds good but the next maintenance shift is just as understaffed as the last.
    We currently have two shifts that are floating among the plant on different shifts because there production lines are dissolved and sharing your line with the "floaters" means up to 2 people must go home everyday to save on efficiency . Employees are getting an average of 32 hours a week or less (depends upon your line). When we asked the vice president what the plan is for getting everybody working again the answer was "we hope to be in better shape in 10 years". which is a cop-out because vice president contracts are for 5 years(based upon work performance by Mike Mckee) Upper management has informed all of management that our plant needs to"clean house" (fire people) So there starting to implement new rules- off the cuff- to start the write up process on as many suckers as possible. The employees have several ideas to save the company lots and lots of money but management won't here it and instead feel its more necessary to take away everyone's job security by telling us the old "do more with less" attitude. Upper management keeps blaming the economy as well for slumped sales. We as employees realize that the economy plays a role but with gas prices and ingredient costs back down it is shameful not to pass those savings on to the customer. Simply by doing so volume sales would raise again. (how bout that , and I've never been to college).

Use common sense, offer incentives instead of threats. Listen to employees for advice in being more efficient, new product ideas, and keep the door open on your "open door policy". Stop keeping secrets from your hourly's. Oh and one more thing how bout deducting a percentage of your salary since we're all tapped out in the hourly department.
    Thanks for reading

There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods.

Worked for McKee Foods? Contribute to the Community!