McKee Foods

www.mckeefoods.com
  www.mckeefoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods

Overall good, but dysfunctional management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN (US)

I worked at McKee Foods

Pros

I can't speak for the manufacturing operations, but in salaried business process areas, it is a relatively good company to work for. They are very good at hiring and retaining excellent people, so there is plenty of talent and a "nice" atmosphere is valued and maintained.

Cons

There is more than the typical amount of management dysfunction. Silos of authority are sacrosanct causing logical absurdities.

Hire some good management consultants to totally redesign the management structures of the company, then implement at least most of the recommendations.

Centralize Information Technology authority and implement a cohesive IT strategy throughout the company.

25 Other Employee Reviews for McKee Foods (View Most Recent)

Independent distributors treated as employees without the benefits.

Current Employee - Independent Distributor
    Current Employee - Independent Distributor

I have been working at McKee Foods as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

There were many in years past. None to speak of now

Cons

Company lets you assume all the risks of running your own business yet treats you like an employee. McKee foods strongly suggests increasing your expenses to fit their goals with little or no increase to distributors profitability. Though they hide behind a "moral code" and the face of a cute little girl, greed is the only thing that seems to drive them.

Either allow distributors to make their own business decisions or provide relief for stale product and give benefits. I believe you are walking a thin line between sub contractor and employee

Always learning new ways to sell

Current Employee - District Sales Representative
    Current Employee - District Sales Representative

I have been working at McKee Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, company vehicle, excellent sales force and always support from the bakery

Cons

Distribution system sometimes can hurt our business with negative distributors. Profitability can be low for the independent distributors because company makes us put on new locations every year

Listen to your sales reps

There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods