MedAssets
www.medassets.com Alpharetta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI joined MedAssets 4 years ago as a contractor. I became a permanent employee after one year, and have since been promoted twice and am now in a Sr. Management position. My growth in the company can be attributed to a clearly defined career path, hard work, versatility and a manager that supported my growth by continually providing new challenges/opportunities.
We’re a fast growing, midsized company where in my opinion; most employees are provided an opportunity to have a measureable impact. Moreover, the organization fosters an entrepreneurial environment where I can be innovative and risky which in my experience is unusual for this sized company. Finally, I appreciate the fact that we consistently demonstrate a willingness in outreach and community programs; which is driven by our CEO and down through the organization.
Healthcare continues to evolve and to remain competitive in our industry; we have to as well which creates some challenges. That said, in my view, our constant evolution creates opportunity to learn new skills and facilitate career growth. Ultimately, this is a great place to work.

ConsSeems to have taken longer than normal to integrate all of our acquisitions which has created some challenges in standardizing processes and creating a fluid infrastructure.
Continuity among segments could create more synergy.

“I worked at MedAssets for six years, it was great at first and then things change...

Former Clinical Denials Representative (Former Employee)
Saddle River, NJ (US)

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You get a generous amount of PTO time. They offer… Cons: In return for paying half the health insurance premium, deductibles are sky high and payroll deductions go up a lot every year. No PPO/POS option… Advice to Senior Management: If you have an opinion contrary to your boss or director, it won't matter how good you are or how hard you work or how… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not educated or experienced in Healthcare

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedAssets full-time

Pros: Pay, lack of management intervention Cons: Poor leadership, lack of teamwork, everyone worked in their own silo, manage healthcare pricing with little consideration… Advice to Senior Management: Spend some time in a real healthcare setting, spend time… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MedAssets.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.