MedExpress Urgent Care

www.medexpress.com
  www.medexpress.com
There are newer employer reviews for MedExpress Urgent Care

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV (US)

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care

Pros

Laidback/Relaxed Environment. Professional Atmosphere. Good Fringe Benefits.

Cons

Tough to contact HR about position openings and advancement.

60 Other Employee Reviews for MedExpress Urgent Care (View Most Recent)

Worst decision in my career

Former Employee - Human Resources in Morgantown, WV (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Morgantown, WV (US)

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care

Pros

Great business model. At the site level, there are wonderful people.

Cons

At some point in an organization's growth, leaders need to know when to pass the torch. The founders are excellent visionaries but horrible at the execution of the strategic plan. There is a great deal of nepotism in the corporate office and it is more a matter of quantity over quality which was strange for an HR department. Far too many decisions were made "off the cuff." They are loosing talent and the company is starting to hit some financial struggles (see: Krispy Cream). It is only a matter of time before one of the larger healthcare networks absorbs them or the investors make drastic changes to keep the organization moving.

Know your limitations. Find the right people to get you to where you want to be, not your fraternity brothers!

Not a terrible place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care

Pros

Most of the people I work with are great in the clinic. We are lucky in State College to have a great manager and a fun crew. The benefits are also nice, with good insurance plans available.

Cons

We are paid decently for State College, but not in general, and the raise/employee review process is terrible and basically guarantees that noone gets paid what they deserve. We have to do a lot of things that are not on our job description that we should be compensated for. Sometimes the WRONG people are hired for the positions.

Be more strict in who you hire - there are a lot of people who were hired who don't last long. Also take into account the clinic manager's feedback on the doctors and don't hire them on when they are making license-killing decisions. Re-work your performance review/raises to give employees what we really deserve. And do not go for quantity over quality with employees and the new centers that are opened every month.

There are newer employer reviews for MedExpress Urgent Care