Media General
www.mediageneral.com Richmond, VA 5000+ Employees

It started good, got bad, then tripped down the rabbit hole to hit the awful bottom.

Producer (Former Employee)
Spartanburg, SC (US)

I worked at Media General full-time for more than a year

ProsActive TV news industry; Health Insurance Better than Average; Vacation Days; High news numbers; Sold off Newspapers!

ConsNo raises; Furloughs; No opportunity for Growth; No bonuses; Pay is not competitive with market; Mismanagement and lack of communication within departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management. Not adaptable to changes in technology/ways of doing things. Still run on "old school" notion -- news flash, newspapers do not run the media industry anymore. Focus on things in specific markets. Utilize Social Media more.

Epic Disappointment for ambitious sales minded professionals

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at Media General full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Coffee, exceptional hours, good parking, professional atmosphere. Cons: Antiquated system and technology, poor management, lack of ingenuity. Takes two weeks to access reports. … Advice to Senior Management: Open your minds and doors to new ideas and spend… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good people, good company

Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at Media General

Pros: Support staff, Management who genuinely care about their employees, and… Cons: Print industry is in trouble. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Media General.

Worked for Media General? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Media General reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Media General CEO Marshall N. Morton. All reviews posted anonymously by Media General employees.