Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Happy if you can follow the rules.

Previously CEM, Currently Wilton Instructor (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

ProsGreat managers, fun customers, hard working & friendly co-workers.

ConsYou need to he willing to work physically hard. Rearranging isles, displays always. Unloading trucks weekly & meeting regular deadlines. Everyone is expected to work as a team & slackers do not last long.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. Very sensitive to employeess needs. They have a difficult job trying to keep upper management happy, employees happy & customers happy.

There's potential for success at HQ if you have time ...

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Diversity of coworkers Promotes internally Variety of internal programs to keep employees… Cons: The good ole boy influence is very clear in smaller departments Too many employees in the HQ, cramped work spaces Surveys… Advice to Senior Management: If you will not address the internal issues identified, stop… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Easy job that gets me out of the house, but eh.

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros: The only pro that I can think of is that working at Michaels gets me out of the house and busy while the kids… Cons: One: They don't give anyone enough hours to live off of. Two: (and I think this is a big one) They SEARCH your bag… More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.