This was a great first job, but I feel for those that make it a career.

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provides a very creative environment with people who have an affinity for such.

Cons

Those that work year round often don't get enough hours and are required to hold multiple jobs. The benefits offered to those who do work enough hours to qualify are measly despite having over 1B in sales annually.

Other Reviews for Michaels Stores

Lean machine

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Michaels was a good place to work. Lots of fun and creative people in all areas. I loved working with the people there the most. Everyone was supportive and worked hard. This was also a fast paced ever changing environment which I thrived on.

Cons

Because every department operated so lean, it created an enormous workload. Work/life balance was difficult. Also, the company outsourced a number of job functions to India and that made for a difficult transition. Unfortunately, people lost their jobs.

The right answer to improve profitability is not always to follow what other corporations are doing. Michaels is a place of creative thinkers. Be creative and come up with alternate plans to save and improve profitability and bring the jobs back to the US.

Great part-time opportunity while pursuing college degree in art-related field

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible around class schedule, decent number of hours, fun environment, lots to learn about crafting/art supplies from coworkers and customers, rewarding experience overall

Cons

schedule occasionally changes with little to no notice, store rules vary and change from year to year (including signage standards), holidays can be very busy and extremely demanding

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!