Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

This was a great first job, but I feel for those that make it a career.

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Provides a very creative environment with people who have an affinity for such.

Cons

Those that work year round often don't get enough hours and are required to hold multiple jobs. The benefits offered to those who do work enough hours to qualify are measly despite having over 1B in sales annually.

1151 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

I enjoy working here, yet hours could be better.

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a crafty person who mainly does jewelry and art, Michael's is a cool place for me to work. I feel that by being crafty myself, I am able to help customers more efficiently. I also cashier alongside of occasional sales floor, and it is enjoyable to me to talk to customers about projects they're working on. I have met some fabulous people. I also get along great with my coworkers.

Cons

This is a fairly slow time of the year, which means hours are not superb. I wish they were better but there's not much you can do about that. My hours are decent now (about 20 per week as a cashier), but they could be better. Also, sometimes I feel like the store is understaffed and it is VERY frustrating when you're the only cashier and have a long line with nobody to help on backup. YOU are the one who has to take the blow of angry customers, when it's not your fault and you don't have the power to do anything about it.

Perhaps have more cashiers working during the day when you know sales will be high or at LEAST a reliable backup person.

Great part-time opportunity while pursuing college degree in art-related field

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible around class schedule, decent number of hours, fun environment, lots to learn about crafting/art supplies from coworkers and customers, rewarding experience overall

Cons

schedule occasionally changes with little to no notice, store rules vary and change from year to year (including signage standards), holidays can be very busy and extremely demanding

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores