There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Very nice working conditions and friendly people

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Very nice working conditions and friendly people

Cons

bad food nearby the svc campus

8108 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

No longer a great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a software developer, one can always find interesting projects/technologies to work on. Although benefits have been cut a lot, it's still very competative compared to other companies.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy actually makes individual contributors less productive. Also, in past 10 years, the company has invested so much in mobile and search but the results are really unsatisfactory. Hope things will change little bit.

I don't understand why for every 6 ICs there is one lead whose job is basically going to meeting all day. The company can get rid all of them and still do well.

Best employer ever!

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They treat you really, really well. World's best health insurance. Employees are clearly valued. Rating process feels very fair and transparent. Lots of interesting and relevant work. Very little bureaucracy. On the inside, it's clear that this is an exceptionally innovative company, and that we're working on solving all the right problems in the right ways. We also have a clear revenue model, which means that our interests are aligned with those of our product's users, in a way that isn't true for all companies in the industry (many of whom rely on advertising revenue to a much greater extent).

Cons

The food is pretty bad. (Yes, that's really the worst thing about working here.)

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!