Microsoft
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great company in retail

Teacher (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

ProsRetail is a less then desirable field but its nice to find a company that makes the field easy to live in. Great benefits for a retailer especially in a time when most are cutting benefits to save money.

ConsRetail is retail, hours are long and change every week. Review is for the retail division, opportunity to advance is rare. Recruitment focuses outside the company not at promoting within.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen possible set hours helps especially if you can. Not giving a set schedule just because you don't want them to get used to it.

Learning

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It was a great experience, I learned a lot Cons: Yes men, no one wants to stand on their own Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the kids No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The real Microsoft

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Microsoft, at least in STB, is a great place to work, great products,… Cons: Company structure and politics leads to a lot of time wasted and products shipped… Advice to Senior Management: Restructure into 5 groups, get rid of peripheral distractions, stop focusing on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.