Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,033 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, rewarding, great people and great company

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible work hours. Great benefits (health, dental, 401k, gym membership, free soda/juice/coffee/tea, Prime Card discounts to many local businesses). Challenging work that literally affects 100's of millions of customers. Competitive compensation. Microsoft has a product for just about any area of technology you may be interested in.

ConsReviewed compared to your peers. Doesn't matter how well you do if your peers do more/better.
It rains a lot in Seattle and is dark a lot in Winter. Limited scope in many SDE/SDET positions. You own your features and can get pigeon-holed into your technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel the company is headed in the right direction with its products. I don't like the recent changes to Health Insurance and the new compensation model.

its a great company to work for.

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Lots of different projects to work. Lots of smart people… Cons: Maybe too much middle management. More

Great company to work for

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart people, very great benefits. And good work life… Cons: Sometimes it has a stodgy reputation More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.