Milestone Internet Marketing

www.milestoneinternet.com

Cutting edge technology, fast pace and tons of learning opportunities,

Current Employee - Various  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
Current Employee - Various in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Pros

Having worked for a few different tech companies in various positions, I have to say the laser focus of the owners and upper management really make this place special. Yes, there are long hours, yes there are some issues with difficult customers and glitches in the products, but it is not outside the norm for a growing company. For the most part, the customers love the products, and continue to invest in the new stuff Milestone creates. For this hospitality market, the learning opportunities are pretty amazing.

Cons

Long hours sometimes, growth creates a little chaos, some managers and staff are overworked, but who isn't these days? The negative reviews of others, i think, are really outside the norm...some good points, but it is not a crazy place to avoid by any means.

More vacation time, looser work hours [from home? maybe], please?

Other reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

Please read before considering employment here

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Pros

Unfortunately, I really have nothing positive at all to say about my experience at Milestone Internet Marketing and know my former colleagues would concur.

Cons

I was fortunate enough to have left Milestone several months ago; in looking back, I really wish that I would have taken the reviews on here more seriously because they are extremely accurate. I thought perhaps they were just from disgruntled employees and that I should form my own opinion but I was very wrong.

First off, salary here is extremely low and not competitive at all given the market (Silicon Valley) and the excessive demands required by any position here. If you are looking for good benefits, including good vacation/sick time and medical, this is also not the place for you. Even seasoned employees have very few PTO days and taking time off is severely frowned upon by management. Employees would often comment they had to "face the music" simply for taking a much deserved vacation. In fact, people would regularly come to work with fevers, very ill, etc. because management would take it out on them if they did not come in. It is especially bad for new employees who become ill and are told they simply need to "take unpaid time off" if they need to go home sick. There is no compassion whatsoever.

You will quickly come to realize that you will have NO personal time while working here. Not only is working through all hours of the night done on a regular, daily basis (including weekends) by ALL employees here, it is expected by management. Majority of programming and technical work is outsourced overseas and you are expected to be online in the evenings...10, 1, 3am, etc. to speak with that team and address any issues. In addition, the workload is absolutely unrealistic and severe. You will easily put in 80 hours a week just trying to stay afloat with all of your client and internal projects and will still feel like you are drowning. Everything is done manually which makes everything cumbersome because no investment is made in automating reports or other data necessary for deliverables. Also, management ALWAYS puts the clients first even if they are in the wrong so do not expect any support from them should you need any assistance with unreasonable clients (and there are a LOT of those).

Management also shows no consideration or respect for any of their employees with the exception of, to put it diplomatically, those who are of their same ethnic background. I myself and my colleagues repeatedly raised our concerns regarding process, workload, team morale, etc. and management simply dismissed these on a regular basis stating that we had time management issues or needed to adjust our personalities and "suck it up" essentially. They spend most of their time traveling and soliciting new business that their workforce cannot support and pay no consideration to this in the least. Management also puts down employees on a regular basis in public forums, in front of coworkers etc. which has created a terrible morale and a lack of mutual respect. Asking questions or going to others for help is also frowned upon and in fact people are reprimanded for this. Management also does an extremely poor job of communicating industry trends and latest best practices; really keeps employees in the dark regarding a lot of rationale or "how-to".

If you are still unsure as to whether you should take this review seriously, consider the turnover rate here which is the highest I have ever heard of or seen. Within the course of my time there, I saw about 15 people leave the company due to their frustrations and desire to escape. In fact, whenever anyone left the company, a mini-party ensued, with colleagues decorating their cubicles with streamers and balloons and literally celebrating the fact that the person was now "free". The turnover rate and overworked employees is clearly an issue that is noted by clients as they regularly express their frustration and take it out on employees, with many eventually canceling.

I urge you to please take this review seriously as I wish I had done and save yourself a lot of grief. There are plenty of other stand-up companies in the bay area from which to choose. Stay away from this one.

Take a look at the turnover rate in your company and the dissatisfaction and frustration of clients and stop blaming the issues on your employees but rather take a look at the source of the problem which is how you disrespect your team and overwork everyone.

Milestone Internet Marketing Response

Nov 29, 2012Director of Client Services

Dear Ex-Employee:

We wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on your comments below. We take feedback from our employees very seriously and invest heavily in our employees’ welfare and
    ... More

Too many clients

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Great training and experience gained, a little too great. The knowledge that will be imparted to you at an entry level is great, you will come out of this job being an SEO expert.

Cons

The workload is way too much. The amount of accounts that must be juggled in a given week is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing.

Worked for Milestone Internet Marketing? Contribute to the Community!