There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors

Mobile Doctors has been a fulfilling experience, that has provided me with the professional development I was seeking.

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Mobile Doctors takes the time to invest in employees. I had the best training I have EVER had. This company also rewards hard work. I was promoted at my 100 day review. This is the type of place that will recognize you if you are meeting/exceeding expectations. You truly can create your own professional future at this company.

Cons

We recently moved, and my commute is much longer than it was before. Also, I don't have as many public transportation options, as I used to have at the other location.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Mobile Doctors (View Most Recent)

Very Misleading... Stay Far Away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

- Rapid expansion of branches (new offices)
    - Jobs are easily acquired by college grads
    - Full time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days
    - Interviews are simple

Cons

- Job descriptions promise advancement and management training, but that hook line is used to attract recent college grads. Advancement may come sooner than with other companies, but is due to the fact that the turnover rate of the company is about 90%.
    - Management is very young and inexperienced; only out for personal gain.
    - The office environment is very negative.
    - Gossip within the work place is in over-abundance.
    - The company is not as invested in the quality of care that they claim to provide to seniors. Many of the doctors have malpractice or harassment actions against them (which can be easily be found because it is public record).
    - CEO uses scare tactics
    - Very unprofessional. After an employee is fired, a "30 second dance party" is announced over the PA system.
    - Anything that you share with management (example: reason for being out sick, personal problems) are not kept private. That information is openly shared with all employees.
    - Employees are severely overworked and underpaid. If you log too much overtime (which often happens), the company puts you on salary. Since going salary, I have increased my weekly hours by 10 hrs per week. They definitely take advantage of your time.
    - The company promotes alcohol consumption. If you do not drink, you will feel extremely isolated at company events. We had an employee who did not consume alcohol because of a religious background and management was not accepting of them. In fact, they made that employee the butt of their jokes.
    - The company has a high turnover rate and because of this, employees are often responsible for the work of 2+ positions.
    - 100 day reviews are not completed on time by management.
    - HR has now moved in-house which benefits the company because they are able to get away with/sweep more issues under the rug.
    - Cold calls are made to seniors who have illnesses that affect their memory. Appointments are pushed on them even if they are reluctant. Sometimes the company will do drive-bys to the seniors homes if they were unable to confirm an appointment over the phone.
    - The company is concerned more about the number of patients seen (Medicare reimburses based the # of visits) and not the quality of care these patients are receiving.

Realize that a high turnover rate indicates a problem from within. Take a serious look at how your branches are managed... and hire more experienced employees starting from the top down.

Has great potential, but inept management will destroy some of their satellite offices

I worked at Mobile Doctors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

In a market where it's difficult for college graduates to immediately land a job, this company grants you a chance to get experience and is a decent stepping-stone to more lucrative jobs in the healthcare management arena. They also tout the notion of promoting within their company, so there seems to be opportunities for advancement at a fairly young age, and with the goal to open 3-4 offices every calendar year, some people may be able to open a new office in a location of their choosing.

Cons

Some advancements perhaps happen way too early---4-6 months for advancement is too early for a 22 or 23-year old (unless they are making absolutely GENIUS moves which is often not the case), and especially for those older staff that lack emotional maturity. It is often you will encounter ineffectual leaders in this company, especially those that embrace the notion of micromanagement and passive-aggressive approaches to things. Also, be wary of the prospect of advancement---you may get pushed into a role that doesn't match your skill set because your office is desperate for staff, and they don't want to train a new hire. The CEO often puts blind faith in inept people and their decisions, avoiding confrontation if necessary, and the worst is that they have yet to see their new offices, months after they have gone live. Beware of the HR department too---they used to go by a 3rd-party company, but as of 2013, have made their HR internal. This can be frightening as it gives them free reign to engage in questionable decisions with more freedom. You will also find great disorganization in several of the offices, and with the desire to open 3-4 offices each year, quality (providing offices with the adequate tools and resources to function properly) gets sacrificed. Lastly, don't expect loyalty to hold true in this company---you can be working for this company for months and be promised a position for advancement and will get passed up on a promotion by someone who interviews on the first day.

To the CEO: you should realize that when a manager has high turnover in their offices, that should be a red flag. A "my way or the highway" approach is not going to bring you the best employees. You should encourage growing your current personnel and embracing their talents, and realize that your leaders might be the problem. This would help morale, and maybe your staff would want to stay around---at HQ and satellite offices.

This is one of a few companies that thinks micromanagement works; it doesn't. Give people a chance and flexibility to use their broad range talents, and also acknowledge that every regional market is different---you shouldn't have to put a cookie cutter approach to establishing a branch office.

There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors