Mobile Doctors

www.mobiledoctors.com

Lots of opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort...

ProsIn the time I spent at Mobile Doctors, I've advanced quite a bit, as have many of my peers. This company cares about fostering your growth potential, so long as you do the work to show that you are capable and willing.

I also feel like I have the support of my co-workers. If I am concerned about something company-related, I can safely raise the issue to one of many people in the corporate office, and get a usually helpful response.

The atmosphere is fairly relaxed and casual. The company sponsors a lot of fun activities and events. This is a nice break when you have a long week.

The company recently brought HR and payroll in-house, so I saved a hundred dollars per month on my medical insurance. We now have an HR rep who works for the company, and therefore is more invested in my happiness as an employee. Because he works for the company, he wants to do a good job and goes the extra mile to satisfy employees' needs. Our last HR company just ignored my questions.

There is a thorough 100-day review and annual reviews, which both the employee and the manager fill out and discuss. This gives the employee a chance to really show off anything that may not be evident on a daily basis. This is a great time so long as you are doing a good job.

The company is experiencing a great deal of growth, so if you can handle it then there are opportunities.

ConsThe company has had some bad press of late. There are a lot of bad rumors spreading around. The 90% turnover rate is a lie. In my location the turnover is probably closer to 15%. I'm aware that some of the other locations are higher, but it's nowhere near 90% on the whole. Also, yes, there had been a few instances of unprofessional behavior by certain employees, but the negative reviews failed to mention that disciplinary actions were taken, including termination. There is drama, but that's to be expected when there is so much growth, and employees who are uncomfortable with any situation have our HR department to discuss their concerns safely.

This is not a company for clockwatchers. Every job is vital to the success of Mobile Doctors and the well-being of patients and employees. If you are a manager, you will have to work some late evenings and weekends, although not often. One thing that is clear - if you do not perform your work as is required of you, it will become transparent soon enough, and that often accounts for the turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though the company is growing and you need to hire more people, take extra time to really vet an employee before making the offer to hire - don't just go on instinct or because you need someone right away. That's how you end up with bad seed employees who can do a good interview but can't measure up work-wise.

Dishonest and unprofessional

Office (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time for more than a year

Pros: Almost impossible to get fired unless you stealing money from the owner. Incompetent? Rude? Apply… Cons: Unprofessional. People being condescending to patients on the phone. Yelling at each other. Petty gossip. Doctors with drug and alcohol problems and malpractice suits. Management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Follow Your Gut - Hold Out for Something Better

Recruiter (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time for less than a year

Pros: - With a Degree, it's easy to get a job here, and the experience looks great on your resume. - The… Cons: - Overall culture of fear due to micro-management of the CEO. Everyone from the bottom up throw each other under buses to avoid backlash.… Advice to Senior Management: The market has changed. The unemployment rate is falling. There is no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mobile Doctors.

Worked for Mobile Doctors? Contribute to the Community!