Modern Woodmen
www.modern-woodmen.org Rock Island, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Modern Woodmen is a great place to work

District Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

ProsFor the home office staff I am sure it is a great place to work with lots of job security. The field staff has its challenges which is always true for life insurance sales. But MWA has some of the best prospecting tools available if you learn how to use them. This market is under going tremendous change with many younger customers buying online. The overall customer satisfaction with MWA is very high! While MWA is very conservation they have recently approved and supported using social media sites for marketing, a bold move for them. They had their best year for new business ever in 2010, so they must be doing something right!

ConsThe strong reliance on referral based client growth only could be improved with advocating and supporting more modern prospecting techniques.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communications open with the next generation of agents and managing agents in order to keep up with the accelerating marketing chances in the industry. Consider online marketing and direct purchases, the "people when you want them, technology when you don't" approach tied to a strong field staff sales support.

Pick your own hours, but translates to picking your own salary

Hastings, MN (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros: -you decide when your hours are -unlimited income opportunities -good support staff Cons: -training was subpar, had to learn how to do things… Advice to Senior Management: offer more training to interns, they will end up being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No Idea What They're Doing

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros: -You were able to create your own schedule and they… Cons: -The fact they represent themselves as financial advisors is scary. They have no knowledge other than how to talk people up and make them feel… Advice to Senior Management: Stop tricking innocent people into believing you know what you're talking about. Gain some type of knowledge of what your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Modern Woodmen.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Modern Woodmen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Modern Woodmen CEO W. Kenny Massey. All reviews posted anonymously by Modern Woodmen employees.