Modern Woodmen
www.modern-woodmen.org Rock Island, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Modern Woodmen of America: Touching lives. Securing Futures

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

ProsThe possibility for advancement are only limited by the amount of work that you are willing to put forth. If management is for you, than you have the best opportunity in the financial services industry to advance into management. The benefits package is amazing, there is an old-fashioned pension, which gives you an extra incentive to work hard.

ConsIf you are a person that is not good at time management, this job is not for you. Also if you are not good at keeping track of what you do, you could have problems. As you have no "boss" per-se, you need to keep careful watch of the time you use and don't use.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being hands on, and make sure that you keep close watch on the reps that have been contracted for fewer than 6 months.

Sales

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Amarillo, TX (US)

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of independence and ability to set your own hours. Hardwork pays off sometimes but not… Cons: Lack of quality training, must learn on the job. To be successful you must work… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more time with your field representatives than simple class… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for, hard business to succeed in.

Financial Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time for less than a year

Pros: Quality values, they want you to succeed, and their fraternal… Cons: Their name recognition is substantially less than Edward Jones or any of the… Advice to Senior Management: Establish a training program within a month of hiring a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Modern Woodmen.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Modern Woodmen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Modern Woodmen CEO W. Kenny Massey. All reviews posted anonymously by Modern Woodmen employees.