There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

a place were self motivated people excel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

set own schedule, great income potential, a lot of motivators provided by the company, great training and assistance from co-workers and management.

Cons

Long nights, hard to get time off, and missing out on family time very frequently. Looking forward to establishing my buisness so I can enjoy myself a but more. Starting out is difficult but rewarding.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen (View Most Recent)

Awesome opportunity to help others.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great Fraternal Organization with benefits to help members prepare for financial security if they live, die, or quit working. Modern Woodmen provides both financial services and service opportunities for members.

Cons

Difficult to budget for a new agent as you learn to sell. Commissions from month to month can range between $0 to unlimited..

If there were anything I would do different, it would be to put more emphasis on building character of the agents and less on pushing for securities licensing. Also, promotions of family members should only be given on merit.

Good pay but poor training.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Good compensation when a sale was complete. Good benefits package once probationary period is up, and if you can make a career out of it the retirement pension is very good.

Cons

Extremely slow to ever recieve first pay check (I went about 3 months), management is often involved in their own sales so they dont have a lot of time to sit with new representatives and teach them how to sell themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!