There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

a place were self motivated people excel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

set own schedule, great income potential, a lot of motivators provided by the company, great training and assistance from co-workers and management.

Cons

Long nights, hard to get time off, and missing out on family time very frequently. Looking forward to establishing my buisness so I can enjoy myself a but more. Starting out is difficult but rewarding.

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome opportunity to help others.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great Fraternal Organization with benefits to help members prepare for financial security if they live, die, or quit working. Modern Woodmen provides both financial services and service opportunities for members.

Cons

Difficult to budget for a new agent as you learn to sell. Commissions from month to month can range between $0 to unlimited..

Advice to Management

If there were anything I would do different, it would be to put more emphasis on building character of the agents and less on pushing for securities licensing. Also, promotions of family members should only be given on merit.

2. Over the top!!!

Current Employee - Financial Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Representative

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great place to work. The culture and leadership are better than I expected and the oppportunity for advancment is excellent. Building a business is not easy but with the training and assistance from management it is easier. The trips are Great and free. Can't beat that. Going to Maui next month!!

Cons

It will take a while to grow your business. Long hard days the first few years. Sometimes the money is lean but the good times far outweigh the negative

Advice to Management

The systems are great just make sure that all new reps follow them the first few years. More training in the securities area would help but not our priority