Morningstar
www.morningstar.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great people, good work life balance.

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLoads of great people, lots of opportunities, good products, good work life balance. Joe Mansueto a genuinely inspirational chap.

Cons- International growth is curtailed a little by decision makers lack of international experience (we say 'global', but we don't really do it as well as we could).
- What is up with the US weighted benefit system! I want my sabbatical!

Advice to Senior ManagementCost consciousness is sensible and inevitable in the current climate (2012/13), but we are cutting in to muscle in some teams, and leaving lots of fat in others. We really should me more intelligent about where to make savings (bloated teams of developers coding in circles), and where those savings will actually result in costing more (travel to visit clients / train client facing staff).

Dull job in a poorly managed, mediocre, and bureaucratic organization; no place to build a career/ grow valuable skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Morningstar full-time

Pros: If you need a job, Morningstar's ok. Expect little more from your time there. What the company doesn't offer in interesting work, industry avg. compensation,… Cons: Many departments are slow moving, dead end, and don't care to develop employees. Most positions are uninteresting, unfulfilling, and inadequately compensated. Despite office congeniality, morale… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in high-quality technology, programmers/engineers, data analysis tools, and effective QA of data accuracy. Without this, the strategy to generate more demand from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Flexible culture, good compensation and benefits, really build your career.

Investment Intern (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Morningstar as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Help the newbies form good disciplines of professional field. Cons: some of the employees are a little bit cold and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morningstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morningstar CEO Joe Mansueto. All reviews posted anonymously by Morningstar employees.