There are newer employer reviews for Move

Move.com

Former Employee - Advertising Executive in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Advertising Executive in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company Culture. I enjoyed working at Move.com. It was a job that I would have kept forever. Outstanding salary and benefits. Realtor.com connection. Senior Housing Net. Salesforce. Travel and expenses while tedious were paid promptly. Monthly bonus checks were outstanding if you exceeded your number.

Cons

Unfortunately with large tech firms in late 2008, cutbacks occurred and I lost my job. Top level management shake ups were too frequent. Adjustment to pay scale, while always working to your advantage, were unsettling and stressful.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Move (View Most Recent)

Many inept managers at Top Producer and Realtor.com divisions

Former Employee - US Field Manager
    Former Employee - US Field Manager

I worked at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Surprisingly, the brands are still somewhat respected by agents, especially the more experienced agents who may embrace new brands and social media to a lesser degree.

Cons

Inept management staff, wasteful spending at tradeshows, managers and reps that literally "hide" from their customers, many of whom are angry for being oversold and overpromised.

Senior management needs to clean house of their direct reports. Board members need to be open-minded and take bold action for shareholders.

The party is over for Move, Inc.'s realtor.com

Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefit structure and knowing that you worked for the company that once sat on top of the online real estate marketing portal.

Cons

Once ruled online real estate, now relegated to footnote status. Trulia (competitor) went public last week and closed at 40% above opening bell on Wall Street. Zillow (another competitor) closed at a company record high last week. Move, Inc's price was down all week priced at a 5 month low. People are getting ready to jump like rats on the Titanic.

Update your resume?