There are newer employer reviews for Move

Good, innovative company - improving greatly

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  Campbell, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA (US)

I have been working at Move

Pros

New management team, innovation is taken really seriously. I like the direction we are going in.

Cons

Benefits are a bit sparse - but the work is good and the Real Estate business is really exciting.

Continue to let the SMEs lead the way in their areas. Communicate plans to the leaders (below C-level) a bit better.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Move (View Most Recent)

Used to be a lot better

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Move

Pros

The technical and institutional knowledge of the engineers is phenomenal. These are some of the most skilled and dedicated people I have ever worked with, and I have learned a lot during my tenure. Team cohesiveness among the Westlake Village office is fantastic.

Cons

Move's biggest problems are its inter-office politics, and the failure of executive management to rein this in, as well as the management's inability to actually implement the ideals it espouses. The result is a constant requirement to play "cover your [behind]" to make sure you cannot be blamed if project goes over schedule, as it inevitably does. Teams in other locations were also unwilling to listen to advice and/or constructive criticism, meaning that they had to invent the wheel all over again and learn the hard way. This happens repeatedly, and the executives continue to bury their heads in the sand.

When you have people who have been with the company for years and years, listen to what they have to tell you, because they've been through it before and can tell you why some initiative failed or had to be scrapped. It's not because they're "old dogs" who can't learn "new tricks"; they're trying to save you development cycles. Also, practice what you preach!

Graphic Designer

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Move

Pros

Casual. As satellite office, corporate culture is less stressful.

Cons

Forgotten by headquarters. Sold the division because of business focus consolidation.

Shouldn't have sold the division in Milwaukee.

There are newer employer reviews for Move

Worked for Move? Contribute to the Community!