Mueller Water Products
www.muellerwaterproducts.com Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Really get to know the individual department first (read between the lines)

Engineer (Former Employee)
Chattanooga, TN (US)

I worked at Mueller Water Products

ProsThey do place importance on family. The company as a whole is pretty nice. They have a large participation role in the community. They are a very old and established company and a world leader in their filed. They are the Cadillac of water valves. The company usually has a couple of "special" dinner a year where a spouse can also attend.

ConsSome departments are very political and promotions are based partly on the buddy system. Some departments are ran in a very old world management mentality and communication is very limited especially between upper management and salary employees. The typical work hours is at least 9 hours a day and at times can reach 80+ hours a week. But at those hours salaried employees get paid for their extra hours. (not time 1/2 but just straight time).

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more and don't rule by intimidation, you draw more files with sugar than vinegar.
Just because that's the way you (management) were mentored, doesn't make if the correct way.

Awesome, Friendly

Accounts Receivable (Current Employee)
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mueller Water Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very friendly oriented environment. Love my job. Cons: None, I don't think anything More

Incompetence Rules the Roost

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Mueller Water Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The work life balance depending on the department you work in is fair. The segment headquarters (i.e., Mueller, Anvil, and US Pipe) are… Cons: However, the same cannot be said for the corporate management team in Atlanta. Based on my experience, the less intelligent you are the higher… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a real CEO and CFO. Reward honesty and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mueller Water Products.

Worked for Mueller Water Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mueller Water Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mueller Water Products CEO Greg Hyland. All reviews posted anonymously by Mueller Water Products employees.